This is HCD is focussed on capturing a representative voice of the industry by sharing a vision and understanding between the people who contribute to the creation of services in the world.
It provides fortnightly content for product managers, service designer and user experience designers, user researchers, visual designers, interaction designers and user interface designer and probably a few more.
We aim to educate and empower people about the craft of human-centered thinking and doing.
Our mission with setting up this new website is totally altruistic. We’ve identified that there’s such an overwhelming appetite for learning more about the disciplines that surround HCD (UX, Service Design, Design Thinking, IX, Product Management) but we wanted to create content that not only appealed to everyone but actually included a representative voices of the people from different experience levels.
What we hope This is HCD will achieve
- Create valuable content about topics related to human-centered design
- Create events that include the voices of a represented audience (entry level through to senior level and beyond)
- Make the content more accessible to people who find it hard to get to the events, but don’t want to have to trail through hours of content. Podcasts are capped at 30 minutes – just the perfect time for your morning or evening commute home
- All people on the podcast will receive placement on the credits for each episode
- Create a charitable revenue stream by selling advertising on this website, and within each Podcast. 100% of the revenue generated through advertising will go to a CaraCare.org.au