Hello and welcome to Getting Started in Design, my name is Gerry Scullion and I am a service designer and trainer based in Dublin City Ireland. Getting Started in Design is part of This is HCD Network and is focussed on shining a light on the tricky stages between education and employment and also moving careers into Design.
In this episode, we caught up with Jonathon Colman Senior Design Manager at Intercom, one of Irelands most successful and celebrated tech stories. We chat about the things Intercom look for in designers, how to get around the tricky aspects of not having enough experience and what to include in your portfolio, and also what you can do increase your chances of success in getting ahead in the job market.
Connect with This is HCD
- Follow This is HCD us on Twitter
- Follow This is HCD on Instagram
- Sign up for our newsletter (we have lots of design giveaways!)
- Join the practitioner community on This is HCD Slack Channel
- Read articles on our This is HCD Network on Medium
Other podcasts on This is HCD Network